This normally happens when advertisers lack access to data and hence can’t really take the right decisions, instead they “spray and pray”, for example:
- A diaper ad presented for a person which doesn’t have a baby
- An ad is displayed AFTER the consumer have already purchased the product
- The consumer feels annoyed because of the misguided and continuous ads, resulting in a negative experience.
- The advertiser light a fire for the crows, as money are spent on the wrong audience.
In OEM-retargeting this would never happen, because:
- With access to “intent-to-buy” data, you can pin-point the right audience and time.
- You ensure that you always provide relevant ads, as you know what product or service the customer is looking for.
- By alternating between different messages and control ad-frequency, you provide appreciated and helpful ads at the right time.
OEM-retargeting provide value to the user at the right time, amazing ROI, no ad-fatigued customers and you won’t ever light a fire for the crows 😉.