Disruption in retail as sales moves to digital also means a transition to digital marketing, which in my view offers a tremendous opportunity for proactive innovative brands.
Brands with access to intent-to-buy data have a huge competitive advantage in theory, as they can nurture a lead all the way to a purchase. But data-driven digital marketing is not necessarily easy and half-measured attempts are doomed to fail.
So, what’s the secret sauce which creates amazing results?
Provide a hyper personalized ad which leverages behavioral and real-time data to create a highly contextual communication, which is relevant to the specific consumer at the right time:
- Ad frequency ~6 times/visitor
- The ad-sender preferred e-tailer
- The advertised product match in model and color
- Conversion driving content (local user and expert reviews)
- Stock level (nobody purchase when o-o-s)
- Real-time price (synch price)
- No post-purchase ads (incredibly annoying)
Smart-retargeting for Brands enables Brands to reach consumers which are in the buying-window at e-tailers. It helps Brands to educate and influence consumers at the decisive moment in their shopping journey to maximize conversion.
/Leif Sundström, CEO of re:nable