While there are some similarities between traditional programmatic campaigns and smart-retargeting, there are some very important differences to recognize.
Both types try to target consumers which are likely to be interested in the product. But smart retargeting gives a much higher chance of success because it is based on much more specific and fresh data that reach consumers in the buying window.
In essence, the difference between programmatic marketing and smart retargeting for brands are:
- Programmatic reach users under their whole ownership period, mobile ~24-months, TVs ~84-m.
- Smart-retargeting focus on customers with proof of intent-to-buy, i.e. 14-d mobile, 21-d premium TV
That’s why smart retargeting vastly outperforms programmatic, by taking away 98-99% of the inefficient ad-views.
On top of these easy to understand facts, smart-targeting monetize content that strengthen product perception:
- Explain the product features
- Confirm product quality with expert reviews
- Increase trust with hyper local user review.
Last but not least, smart-targeting for Brands comes with detailed campaign performance metrics. This means that Brands have access to information to when, why and how consumers convert which is invaluable for any Brand.